An elliptical cross trainer is a stationary exercise machine that provides an effective cardiovascular workout. It is a low-impact exercise that is easy on your joints and helps to tone your muscles. Elliptical cross trainers provide a great workout for your heart and lungs. They are also effective in building endurance and burning calories. Because elliptical cross trainers are low impact, they are ideal for rehabilitating an injury or who are overweight or pregnant. The trainers come in a variety of sizes and prices. You can find them at most sporting goods stores or department stores. Be sure to try one out before you buy it to ensure it is the right fit for you.
Here are some benefits of Elliptical Cross Trainer:
- Cardiovascular exercise – Because this is a low-impact exercise, it helps reduce stress on your joints as you strengthen and tone the muscles of your lower body. It also provides an effective cardiovascular workout that increases heart rate and improves oxygen consumption. In addition, this type of exercise will help you lose weight and improve overall health.
- Easy on the joints – Because elliptical cross trainers are a low-impact exercise, they are easier on your joints than a treadmill or a stair stepper. When you do high-impact exercises such as running or walking, the pounding motion can put unnecessary strain on your hips, knees, and ankles, especially if you have arthritis or another joint disorder. Elliptical cross trainer exercises mimic natural movements of the foot without putting excess stress on any one area.
- Burns calories – A 30-minute cross trainer workout can burn up to 300 calories. If you want to lose weight, this is a great way to do it. You can also adjust the intensity of your workout to make it more or less challenging.
- Tones muscles – The cross trainer provides a total body workout as it tones the muscles of your lower body, including your hips, glutes, and thighs. It also works the muscles of your upper body, including your chest, arms, and shoulders. As you increase the resistance on the machine, you will tone these muscles even more.
- Low impact – This type of exercise is low impact, which makes it ideal for people that are rehabilitating an injury or who are overweight or pregnant.
- Focus on form – Since you will be standing in one place, it is important to focus on your form as you exercise to avoid injuries. Keep your back straight and head up at all times so that you don’t slouch forward. Also, engage the core muscles of your abdomen as you move your legs. This will help provide support for the lower back and reduce the risk of injury.
- Workout flexibility – You can choose from a variety of settings with elliptical cross trainers, including uphill climbs, sprint intervals, and virtual programs that mimic natural landscapes such as mountains, coasts, and trails. You can also create your own workout by setting intensity levels, time, and resistance.