While video conferencing tools and platforms have been in use for many years, the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic led to a surge in demand for these tools. This was mainly due to work-from-home directives and lockdowns that made in-person meetings impossible. ManyCam is one of the tools that facilitated virtual meetings during this time and even before. It’s essentially an application that lets you use your webcam with multiple video streaming tools simultaneously. Available in free and premium versions, ManyCam allows you to host or attend web meetings from any place. Here’s an in-depth ManyCam review.
Features of ManyCam
Other than basic video conferencing, ManyCam offers additional unique features that make it one of the best tools in the market. Here is a look at some of the useful features:
• Virtual background — When attending a corporate virtual meeting from home, your background may be inappropriate, especially if you don’t have a well-designed home office. The good news is that ManyCam has a feature that allows you to change your background during video conferencing.
• Supports multiple Video conferencing sources — While some video conferencing tools only allow sharing one video from one source at a time, ManyCam lets you stream several videos from different sources simultaneously. For instance, if you have video clips from YouTube, a gaming console, an external camera, and a mobile application, you can share all of them at once.
• Picture in picture — If you want to display a picture on top of your video, ManyCam has a feature that allows that. This feature is especially helpful in presentations where sharing pictures is required for illustration purposes.
• Livestreaming — Assuming that part of your target audience does not have this application, or are unable to log in at that time, you can stream your presentation live on other social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube. This way, even social media users will be able to access your presentation.
Pros and Cons of ManyCam
Like any other web-conferencing tool, ManyCam review has some upsides and downsides. That said, here is a look at some of the pros and cons of ManyCam.
• Good video quality
• Different features enhance user experience
• Tiered pricing based on the available features
• Compared to other industry-leading video-conferencing platforms, the premium version of ManyCam is a bit pricy
That’s everything you need to know about ManyCam. While you can get this software for free, the paid version gives you access to more sophisticated features that will enhance your experience.